Hygiene Department Closes Busiest Season In History, Bock Announces

Clinical Visits Increased By One Half in Five Years

With students making 63,726 visits to the clinic during the last nine academic months, the Department of Hygiene experienced the busiest year in its history, according to the annual report of Arlie V. Book, Henry K. Oliver Professor of Bygiene, which is being published in the latest issue of the Alumni Bulletin.

Two hundred and sixty-one student admissions were made to hospitals, 2,124 student cases were admitted to the Stillman infirmary, and 9,950 employee visits were made to the Employee's Clinic in the Hygiene Building, Dr. Bock further announced in his report. The 63,726 student clinical visits shows an increase of 50% over the number of visits made in a similar period five years ago.

Under the direction of Dr. Fayban Packard '12, appointed in December 1940 as assistant examiner under the selective Service Act, the Department of Hygiene has cooperated with the Local Draft Board in examining and classifying 699 University students for military service. In addition, It has made 15 examinations for the Federal Bureau of investigation, and 20 for the Army and Navy Reserves.