TRADITIONAL CLASS DAY DATES GREATLY ALTERED

Ceremonies Planned For June 6th, 7th; Senior Spread Is Set for Following Day

Class Day this June will be advanced from its traditional date immediately preceding Commencement to June 6 and 7, the two days directly following the last of final exams, Senior Spread will be held on Monday evening, June 8.

Richard G. Pflster '42, chairman of the Senior Class Day Committee, explained last night that this variance from custom was made to conform with the entire shifting of Commencement exercises because of the stringencies of the war.

Commencement Already Changed

Commencement Day has already been moved up to Thursday, June 11, and exams compressed so that they will end on June 5. To permit Seniors who must enter the services to stay for Class Day, the festivities have been moved to a position adjacent to the completion of exams.

Pfister also made known the acceptance of the suggestion of William G, Morse '99, purchasing agent for the University, that the frills and confetti be removed from the Old Grads' part of the Commencement exercises. This colorful portion of the program will be abandoned as during the World War.

Class Day Begins After Game

Under the present arrangement, exams will be completed on Friday and on Saturday afternoon at 3 o'clock will be held the final baseball game will Yale. Class Day ceremonies will begin that evening with the delivering of the Class Poem, the Ode, and the humorous Ivy Oration.

Included on Saturday evening's schedule is a concert by the Glee Club and the Pierian Sodality, ad the presentation of the Banner to the Freshmen in the triangle between Eliot, Kirkland, and Winthrop Houses. A dance from 9:30 to 12 o'clock at Lowell House will conclude that night's program,

Cunant will Speak Sunday

President Conant will deliver his Baccalaureate sermon at 11 o'clock Sunday morning in Memorial Church. Class Day will conclude with the annual reception at the home of President and Mrs. Conant at 4:30 o'clock that afternoon.

Senior spread will be held Monday evening from 10 to 3 o'clock and then Commencement on Thursday will terminate the ceremonies. At 9 o'clock Thursday morning the Seniors will assemble in front of Holworthy Hall and march to Chapel services at 9:15 o'clock. They will join the Commencement procession afterwards for the graduation ceremonies behind Sever Hall.