VARSITY LACROSSE TEAM FACES TECH

Engineers Favored to Down Thrice-Defeated Stickmen

With the experience and the three defeats of the spring trip behind it, the lacrosse team will try to crash the win column this afternoon when it journeys down Massachusetts Avenue to face M. I. T.

On the admittedly feeble basis of comparative records, Ben Martin's boys will probably have to wait until their next game for their first victory. The Engineers, boasting the strongest team in history, have beaten the Boston Lacrosse Club 5 to 2, and Tufts 7 to 2, while Dartmouth nosed them out by a 10-8 count on Monday.

After a scoreless practice game with Tufts, the Crimson went South, losing 4 to 3 to Penn and by overwhelming scores to Navy and Maryland. Since Navy just eked out a 9-8 win over Dartmouth, the Techmen must be favored from these scores, although the reasons are even weaker than in the case of Tufts.

The lineups: HARVARD  M. I. T. Wright, g  g, Jevon Blanchard, p  p, Given Bridge, cp  cp, Dunwoodie Moot, 1d  1d, Fenton Angle, 2d  2d, Evans, Capt. Sullivan, c  c, Sibley Fenn, Capt., 2a  2a, Schnell Hurley, 1a  1a, Kennelly Simmons, oh  oh, Heckel Park, ih  ih, Leader