BROWN LOSES TO GOLF TEAM

Tarlow's Victory Decides 5 to 4 Win Over Visitors

Art Tarlow's upset 1 up victory over Brown's Ray B'omstedt proved the winning margin in the Crimson's 5 to 4 golf triumph over the Bruin squad Saturday at the Belmont Country Club. The Peddie forces thus evened their season record at one win and one defeat.

Playing at number five, Tarlow eked out an unexpected victory over Blomstedt, and his partner, Don Davis, beat Fred Hall 4 and 3, snatching the match from the visitors, since the first two foursomes had finished up with Brown on the long end of a 4 to 2 score. Tarlow and Davis' best ball downed Blomstedt and Hall 3 and 2.

The Crimson number one man, Pete Macgowan, rallied strongly after being six down at the end of nine holes, but his spurt was not enough to overcome Bud Patterson. The highly rated Rhode Island amateur downed the Harvard ace 3 and 2. Bill Allis at number two, took care of Phil Conaty 4 and 3, and his card aided greatly in the Macgowan-Allis win over Patterson and Conaty, 3 and 1.

Olie Ames and Henry Shepley, numbers three and four for Harvard, had tough sledding. Pete Leeb whaled Ames 8 and 6, and Shepley lost 2 and 1 to Bill Danforth. The Brown pair's best ball was 4 and 3 victor over Ames and Shepley.