150 Crew Regains Its Varsity Position

Drury Promoted Again to Spark Boat to Henely Win

Winner by three-quarters of a length in yesterday's Honley time trial, Captain Bobby Lincoin's 150-pound crew won back the little of Varsity from Frank Cunningham's eight, at least until tomorrow, when another time trial is scheduled.

Cunningham had gained the right to represent the Crimson in the Rowe Regatta Saturday, but yesterday Abbot jumped him easily at the start, and then, after losing a little ground in the middle stages, went over the finish going away.

Lanky Junior Bill Drury seems to be the key man in the scrambled situation, for until two weeks ago he was rowing on the thirds and Abbot was beating Cunningham. Then Coach Bert Haines moved Drury up to the Jayvees, and Cunningham beat Abbot, entered the Rowe Cup, and left Tech four lengths behind. Drury then jumped to the Varsity behind Abbot, as Dick Moot moved back to three; and with this change the Varsity reasserted itself convincingly.

Last year a very similar situation existed with Varsity and Jayvee lightweights neck and neck until bill Rothschild moved up to the firsts, which afterwards were untouchable.