YALE '45 WINS OVER NETMEN

Eli Squad Sweeps Singles: Tufts is Crimson Captain

Completely falling to live up to their reputation in recent victories, the Yardling tennis team fell with hardly a struggle before a powerful Yale squad yesterday in New Haven, by a score of 7 to 2.

The Bulldog Freshman swept the single matches, winning so handily that the Crimson failed to take a single net, and to add insult to already grievous injury, only one set went to dense. Playing singles for Harvard were John Zinssor at number one, and Max Tufts, Gene Sands, Bob Holtiwanger Jim Caldwell, and Pete Eaton, in that order. All singles matches, according to Peddie, expect Holtiwanger's were one sided. Deland, Yale captain, was out standing for the winners.

Not even the Crimson victories in the doubles were consolation for the losses earlier in the afternoon, because Yale, having already won the match, used only her second team in these matches. The doubles teams which scored the Crimson's only points consisted of Zinsser and Sands at the number one spot, and Bud Collinson and Caldwell playing number two.