FRESHMEN NOTIFIED ON ADMISSIONS TO HOUSES

Those Not Admitted To Reapply Tuesday

After a month of anxious waiting, the Freshman Class was notified Friday afternoon, a week earlier than expected, as to the outcome of their applications for entrance into the House system. Official notices tucked under doors brought the long awaited news which told the Class of '45 what their new Cambridge addresses would be beginning this summer.

A small proportion of the applicants were notified that they had not yet been accepted. However, the situation is far from hopeless for this unlucky group, University Hall announced, because for the first time in the history of the Houses those who were not accepted in the first assignment will be enabled to re-apply this week in an effort to find themselves a niche in the House system.

Space for All in Houses

The announcement from Dean Hanford's office stressed the fact that although there is sufficient room for all of the students who have made application, supply and demand were out of balance. The House Masters were unable to complete the assignment last week because the number of suites of the various types and prices applied for did not correspond to the categories that were available.

All men who have not yet been assigned have been requested to come to the office of the Secretary for the Houses, 16 University Hall, tomorrow or later, to fill out a re-application blank. The Secretary will also be available to answer questions regarding the remaining vacancies and other pertinent data. In addition, the House Masters or their representatives will hold office hours this week to confer with those students who desire further information and advice.