University Sugar Registration Opens Tomorrow for Four Days

Lists May be Used In Other Rationing

Along with 8,000,000 residents of New England, all members of the University over 18 and military personnel away from their units, should register in Memorial Hall during the next four days for their share in the nation's sugar supply, it was stressed Saturday by John J. O'Laughlin, Secretary of the Cambridge Rationing Board.

Although this listing is primarily for sugar, it is important that everyone should sign up, for the OPA has emphasized that this registration may serve as the basis for future rationing of such commodities as clothing, shoes and liquor. There will be a separate registration for gas next week.

Begin Today at 2

Registration will begin for Harvard, Radcliffe, Sargent, and Leslie students in Memorial Hall this afternoon at 2 and continue until 9 o'clock. The hours for the remaining three days will be Tuesday from 9 to 9 o'clock, Wednesday from 2 to 9 o'clock, and Thursday from 9 to 9 o'clock.

Although it is optional, the Rationing Board has suggested that names from A to E register Monday; F to M on Tuesday; N to S on Wednesday; and T to Z on Thursday. Over 140,000 are expected to register in all Cambridge.

Registration is not compulsory during the next four days, but future registering will have to be done with the Rationing Board direct. If the University decides that all students must turn in their coupons to receive sugar, it will be necessary for all those unregistered to see the local board immediately. This decision will be made today.

At Memorial Hall each person will receive War Ration Book Number One, containing 28 ration stamps. Each stamp allows the holder to purchase a pound of sugar every two weeks. The stamps are issued free during registration and must be surrendered when sugar is purchased. No store can sell sugar unless it receives a stamp when the purchase is made.

Students eating in restaurants will not be required to turn in coupons, as these establishments receive special allotments.