STUDENTS IN CPT TO JOIN RESERVE

Army Orders 20 in Primary Course to Seek Enlistment

Official orders have come through from the Army that the 20 men now enrolled in the primary course of the Civilian Pilot Training program must enlist in the Air Corps Reserve, Howard W. Emmons, instructor in Mechanical Engineering reported yesterday.

In joining the CPT course, which is administered under the CAA, students have been required to sign affidavits which prescribe the conditions of enrollment. One of these conditions is that men shall enlist in the Army or Navy air corps, as they choose, at the end of their training, and another clause is that if the Army should deem it necessary, these men would enlist in the reserve.

Order Affects Primary Course

The order which has just come through affects the men now in the primary course. No orders are yet available concerning the ten men at present enrolled in the secondary course but Emmons expects to hear about them shortly. At the completion of their present course, whether primary or secondary, the CPT students will have to go on active service, unless, upon application, to the Army, they are allowed to enter the cross-country flying course which is not offered here but at the airports.