46 MORE SENIORS RECEIVE PBK KEYS

One-Tenth of Graduating Class is Honored in 1942

Election of seven honorary members, and 46 Seniors to the Phi Beta Kappa honorary society has been announced by its officials. The new 1942 membership brings the total to 70, about one-tenth of the graduating class.

Among the honorary members chosen was Thomas W. Lament '92, chairman of the executive committee of J. P. Morgan Company. At the same time, the following executives were chosen: President, Seth T. Gano '07, of Boston; Vice-President, Fred N. Robinson '91 of Cambridge; Acting Corresponding Secretary, Reginald H. Phelps '30, instructor in German and Assistant Dean of the College; and, Marshal, Samuel H. Cross '12, professor of Slavic Languages and Literatures.

The honorary members elected were: Oscar J. Campbell, professor of English, Columbia University; Walter A. Gropius, professor of Architecture, Harvard; Hugh O'N. Hencken, curator of European Archeology, Harvard; Christopher La-Farge, Phi Beta Kappa poet, June, 1942; Thomas W. Lamont '92, chairman of the Executive Committee of J. P. Morgan and Company, New York City; Stephen Luce, associate editor, "American Journal of Archaeology"; and Edward A. Whitney, former associate professor of History and Literature, Harvard and member of the staff of the Huntington Library for research in Renaissance History.

The students elected were: Gordon Allen, Concord; Elisha Atkins, Belmont; Jonas A. Barish, Mount Vernon, N. Y.; Thomas W. Blazey, Euclid, O,; Eugene L. Bondy, New Rochelle, N. Y.; Jack E. Bronston. Plainfield, N. J.; Lindley J. Burton, Wayzaia, Minn.; John Cancian,

Literature at the University of Mexico.

Doctor of Letters. Citation: "Professor of Spanish Literature in the ancient University of Mexico; we honor him as a man of letters and as a representative of the nearest of our good neighbors to the South."

Donald M. Noison, Chairman of the War Production Board.

Doctor of Laws. Citation: "Determined, eileient and softless commander of the army of production, the country redoubles its efforts at his bidding."

Henry L. Stimson, Secretary of War.

Doctor of Laws, Citation: "Most distinguished of our elder statesmen. recalled to service in an hour of need: a new Army springs to life under his vigorous leadership."

William Franklin Knox, Secretary of the Navy.

Doctor of Laws. Citation. "We salute a fighting publisher who forewarned the nation, and through him pay tribute to those who battle for freedom on the seven scan."

Leverett Saltonstall, Governor of Massachusetts.

Doctor of Laws: Citation: "Governor of the Commonwealth and former Overseer of Harvard College; a multitude of devoted friends and proud fellow citizens applaud his high integrity and courageous public service.