WAR SERVICE MARKS 1917'S 25TH REUNION

250 Arrive at Exercises; Program Cut to Two Days

Cutting down its reunion time in Cambridge from four to two days, the Class of 1917, made up of the men who graduated from the College 25 years ago, registered 235 strong yesterday morning and spent the day quietly, renewing old friendships.

Including the wives and children of the '17ers, 700 were wearing the crimson name-badge by yesterday evening, but more are expected today. Yesterday afternoon, following a group photograph on the steps of Widener and a roundtable discussion, a Memorial Service to the 95 members of the class who have died was held.

Roll Read

The roll of the 28 men killed in World War I was read by the Rev. Mr. Arthur O. Phinney, who directed the service. Afterward the doors to the Northex were opened, where the names of all Harvard men who died in the war are inscribed.

A tea with President and Mrs. Conant at their home was followed by dinner, an amateur night, and dance. The class will participate in the Alumni celebration this afternoon, and they attended the Commencement Ceremonies in Sever this morning. A farewell tea in the Union will mark the close of the abbreviated reunion.

Banquets Given Up

The class banquets for all graduates have been given up this year; as have the picnics and excursions that usually feature a Harvard reunion.

In charge of the 1917 reunion were Harrison G. Reynolds and Robert H. Davison. Richard Harte is the Chief Marshal, and will serve in that capacity this afternoon. Clement K. Stodder is Secretary, and Marland C. Hobbs, treasurer.