300 BUSINESS SCHOOL MEN TO APPLY FOR COMMISSIONS

Ordnance, Supply Officers Explain Ensign's Duties

Over three hundred Business School students, including nearly the entire entering class, exclusive of ROTC men, will be interviewed today by officials from the Navy ordnance and Navy Bureau of Supply and Accounts for commissions in the armed services. Of last year's class, 90% of the 260 students have either received commissions or are in war industries.

According to the Navy's present personnel forecasts, it is expected that men in the school who receive the probationary commissions will be allowed to complete their course. There is no guarantee, however, that subsequent events will not hasten the call of these men to active service.

Lieutenant Osgood, yesterday explained to the men the activities of the Bureau of Ordnance and the probable duties of the men as Ensigns. Men in this branch of the service are concerned with munitions and must keep in touch with the hundreds of factories manufacturing fighting equipment.

The supply officer, on the other hand, is concerned with all supply that comes aboard a ship, and is the pay master for the men. But the Supply Corps is not without excitement, for it is probable that most of the men on completion of a special course after their graduation from the Business School, will go to sea.

While applications for commissions of college Seniors are being taken by the Supply Corps, only Business School men are being interviewed today.