Perkins Gets Advisor Post

Casner, First Chief, Leaves To Become Major in Army

Elliott Perkins '23, master of Lowell House, has become chairman of the War Service Information Bureau on which he was formerly the advisor specializing in the Navy V-1 program. He is replacing former Law Professor A. James Casner, who has directed the office since its inception last fall.

For half a year, Professor Casner has been amassing facts on opportunities in, and requirements for the various branches of the Army, Navy, and Marines, but now he has offered his talents to the Army which has granted him a major's commission.

Asked last night if he were going to make any changes in the present setup, Mr. Perkins said he expected to unravel any kinks that might appear after becoming better acquainted with the administration of the office. But he emphasized that getting the personal problems of students through inter views with the advisors is the most important fact.

With the new responsibilities resting on him, the new chief stated that he would delegate his V-1 specialty to another one of the advisory board.