CRIMSON NINE TO FACE ELIS

Waldstein to Take Mound In Attempt to Sweep Series

By J. ROBERT Moskin

Up for its last licks, the Varsity ball team has mustered its entire corps in a final effort to trounce Yale at 3 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. The Soldiers Field battle will be the last of the spring campaign for the 1942 squad and will mark the opening of Class Day exercises.

Both Captain Lou Clay and first-baseman Ned Fitzgibbons are expected back in the starting lineup, after missing the first Yale match last weekend because of illness. With these heavy batters ready again the Eli hurlers may expect even greater worries than they encountered at Sew Haven.

Mort Waldstein will open for the Crimson as he did last week, and Sophfor the 14-inning triumph, will be in the bullpen for any necessary patch work. Who the Blue invaders will send out to defend their cause is not certain, but they are expected to call again on Ted Harrison.

Only reason why Harrison would not pitch would be a desire to let him take a try at Princeton Monday afternoon on his own diamond. Sophomore Johnny Neville.

Both lineups are identical with those named before the New Haven jaunt. Last minute sicknesses altered the starting Harvard nine, but except for the possibility that Fitzgibbons will not have had enough practice to play, Coach Floyd Stahl will start his first string. VARSITY LINEUPS HARVARD  YALE O'Donnell, cf  ss, Carton Waldstein, p  p, Harrison Harvey, 2b  1b, Whelan Fitzgibbons, 1b  rf, Goodspeed Barnes, rf  3b, Heath Callanan, c  2b, Witt Clay, lf  lf, Walsh Drake, ss  cf, Pope Whittemore, 3b  c, White