CRIMSON NETWORK WILL OPEN REGULAR BROADCASTING SERIES

Professor Kohn to Speak At 9:30 O'clock Tonight

Coming on the air at 8 o'clock this evening with this summer's first three-and-one-half-hour period of varied programs, the Crimson Network will introduce a new series of broadcasts designed especially for Music 1 students.

Because of the threatened shortage of records. Music 1 officials have been forced to discontinue the old method of letting students do their assigned listening in small groups and have called on the Network to help them out. The Network's two classical music periods, 8 to 9 o'clock and 10 to 11:25 o'clock, have been given over almost entirely to Music 1.

Kohn to Speak

Also on tonight's schedule will be an interview at 9:45 o'clock with Hans Kohn, Professor of History at Smith College, Professor Kohn, the author of such books as "Not by Arms Alone," will discuss international relations after the war, with particular emphasis on the part which Russia will play if the allies are successful.

This will be the first in a series of programs called "Faculty Views." The series, which will attempt to bring to Network audiences the voices of the leading faculty members at the Summer School, will have as its second speaker Edwin O. Reischauer, instructor in Japanese, who will speak on "Japanese Ideology and Purposes."

The first of the student talent programs will present Talbot M. Malcomb '46, Andover piano expert at 9:15 o'clock, and at 11:25 o'clock, George R. Clay '43, Editorial Chairman of the Crimson, will give a five minute analysis of the news.