Two New Men Chosen For Busy, Med School

Two appointments to the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration and two to the Harvard Medical School, all effective July 1, 1942, were announced today by the University.

At the Graduate School of Business Administration James L. Rollins has been appointed Assistant Dean. He received his A. B. degree from Buenavista College, Ia., in 1926 and for two years did special graduate work at Northwestern University. He also served there as Assistant Dean of Men until 1936. At that time he was named Director of Dormitories and Member of the Board of Personnel Administration. From 1939 until 1942 he acted us director of dining halls and dormitories. At Harvard he will be in charge of the physical plant at the Business School.

Also at the Business School Marvin J. Barloon (M. B. A. Harvard '35), of Cleveland, O., has been appointed Assistant Professor of Industrial Management. In the Medical School Dr. Joseph S. Lichty M. D. Harvard '33 M. B. A. Harvard '38), of Cambridge, Mass, has been appointed Assistant Professor of Medical Administration in the Department of Legal Medicine. In the Medical School and the School of Public Health Dr. Henry P. Treffers (Ph. D. Columbia '37 of the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Columbia University, New York City), has been appointed Assistant Professor of Comparative Pathology and Biological Chemistry.

At the same time the University announced three other appointments, effective September 1, 1942. Dr. Arthur S. Pease, Professor of Latin, as Pope Professor of Latin, to succeed Dr. Edward K. Rand, who retires to become Professor Emeritus; Dr. Louis C. Graton, Professor of Mining Geology, as Sturgis Hooper Professor of Geology, to succeed Dr. Reginald A. Daly, who retires to become Professor Emeritus; and Dr. Richard H. Follis, Jr., (M. D. Johns Hopkins '36), as Associate in Pathology at the Harvard Medical School.