BASTILLE DAY HONORED HERE

Harvard Group To Present France Forever Celebration

Resuming its activities for the summer, the Harvard Unit of France Forever will open its celebration of Bastille Day, July 14, with a talk by Kirtley F. Mather, director of the Summer School, and movies on the invasion of France, and Free French armies in action at the Institute of Geographical Exploration today at 3 o'clock.

With its membership of 80, and allied with Youth for Victory, and the Russian War Relief, the Unit was largely engaged in disseminating information about resistance in France, and the progress of the Free French Armies.

Next scheduled speaker for the organization will be Hans Kohn, visiting lecturer from Smith, who will speak tomorrow at 4 o'clock in the New Lecture Hall in a regular series of talks on Current Events. At the end of the talk the France Forever Unit will take over the meeting and a presentation of flags will take place.

Tomorrow evening the Unit will participate in an American Mass meeting at 8 o'clock at the New England Mutual Hall under the auspices of the New England Chapter of France Forever. Dorothy Thompson will address the meeting, and the French actress and singer Marianne Lorraine will entertain.

During the past year, in their program of spreading news about the action of the Free French, and arousing interest in the work of De Gaulle's forces, France Forever had many speakers over the Crimson Network, including Colonel Brunschwig, personal representative of De Gaulle. They also took part in many parades and meetings of the New England chapter.