EXPERTS LEAD YOUTH GROUP

Provides for Discussion of Present-day Youth Problems

To provide means for discussing and analysing the problems of youth in his struggle toward wholesome self-management, a non-credit seminar on Youth Standards in War Time is being held in Emerson 211, on various afternoons throughout July from 2:30 to 4:30 o'clock, under the direction of Eleanor T. Glueck, Research Criminologist of the Law School. It is being given in cooperation with the Division of Child Hygiene of the Massachusetts State Department of Public Health.

Lectures and Discussion

In general, the seminar will meet as a whole for an hour lecture, followed by a three quarters of an hour question period. In order that practical problems may be studied more intensively, it will occasionally be divided in to six workshops led by specialists in various phases of the youth problem.

Attendance for individual lectures is 75 cents; but Summer School students who are enrolled in the Graduate School of Education or graduate courses in Psychology or Sociology will be admitted upon the presentation of their Bursar's receipts.

The seminar will present leaders in Medicine, Psychology and Sociology, many of whom are associates of Harvard graduate schools. Heading the list of this week's lecturers is Professor Henry W. Holmes '03, Harvard Graduate School of Education, whose lecture, scheduled for this afternoon, at 2:30 o'clock, is entitled "Motivating Youth for Present-day Living."