NEW ADVISERS HELP PERKINS

War Service Committee Aided by House Members

Established to give undergraduates information on the armed services of the United States, the War Service Information Bureau, directed by Elliott Perkins '23, lecturer on History and Master of Lowell House, is now reinforced by other instructors who have volunteered their services, each being concerned with some branch of the services.

Working with Professor Perkins are Sterling Dow '25, faculty instructor in History, Talcott Parsons, associate professor of Fine Arts.

Houses Advised

In addition to this bureau, individual advisers have been assigned to each House. They are available for consultation before the student is referred to the central office of the War Service Bureau. These men are, for the most part, resident instructors in the Houses in which they not as War Service adviser.

Adviser for Adams House is James J. Realy, teaching fellow in Economics, in B-21, while Neil A. McDonald of Kirkland A-27 is adviser for the House. Russell Gibson, associate professor of Economic Geology, of Winthrop 1-25 and Charles P. Berger of Leverett K-31 are advisers of their respective Houses. The advisers for Lowell House is James M. Hoakes, in F-22. Willard M. Bright, teaching fellow in Chemistry, is available at Dunster House, while Theodore Spencer, associate professor of English is adviser for Eliot House.