NETWORK HAS COMPETITION

Because wartime emphasis is on technical subjects, officers of the Crimson Network are expecting a large number of control-men-to-be to show up at 31 Holyoke Street this evening at 7:30 o'clock, when the College station starts its special four-week summer troyout period.

Open to Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors, the competition has been planned not only for men interested in the technical side of radio, but also for announcers, script-writers, and men with original program ideas.

The competition, Network officials announced, will work out in such a way that new men will be able to get their voices, their scripts, their ideas, or the results of their technical manipulations on the air as soon as possible.

Places are open especially for script writers with a knowledge of classical music, but because of the summer personnel shortage, positions are open on all boards. Summer School students who are not undergraduates of the College are not eligible for membership on the Network, but they are urged to visit the station's office if they care to participate temporarily in its activities.