200 Students Expected to Enroll Today; June Freshmen Are to Remain in Houses

Girls are Replaced By Air Force Cadets

About 200 newcomers will arrive today to register in Widener Library for the summer's second registration period, according to the Summer School Office announcement Saturday. These students, along with 2857 others who are already here, will attend their first classes of the second session today.

The Yard is affected not a little by the ending of the first session and will lose the symmetry that it has had with Naval uniforms being balanced by skirted females, for the girls who have occupied Weld and Grays are moving out.

Air Corps Comes to yard

Harvard will assume a more militaristic appearance than it has before. The second class of the Army Air Force Statistical School, which has been located in Mellon Hall at the Business School, will move into Grays and Weld today to replace the female occupants.

Of the 2857 students who attended the first session and are returning for the second, there are 2284 undergraduates. In addition, there may be others who have been recalcitrant in sending in their cards.

"Others" Also Present

There are also 573 students who are remaining for the second session and are classified as "others." This group contains graduate students, Radeliffe girls, and anyone else who is not a regular undergraduate of the University. This will bring the total enrolment for the second session to more than 3000.

The dwindiling ranks of the Summer School students will be housed in Wigglesworth and in Farlow House on Quincy Street. Two-thirds of Wigglesworth will be occupied by girls, while the remainder of it along with Farlow House will contain the men.

At the registration today, only those who did not attend the first session will be required to register, although all first session students who have sent in their cards and who wish to make changes may do so.