ADAMS A. R. P. TO BE HELD RESPONSIBLE ON DIMOUT REGULATION ENFORCEMENT

Novel System Instituted; Will Insure that All Comply

Instituting a unique system for enforcing dimout regulations, the Adams House War Service Committee, sponsor of the plan, has initiated a policy which will place responsibility for adequate dimming in the House rooms on the Adams' A. R. P. organization. Under the present setup, most of the Houses have been depending on their janitors for maintaining the dimout.

Richard N. Swift '44 and D. Dana McNeill '42 are in charge of the system. Under them are five air-raid wardens who take charge of the five sections of the House. Subordinated to these wardens are entry assistants who do the actual patrolling. Nightly reports of all violators are made by the assistants to their respective wardens who report weekly to the chairmen.

Any men who persistently fail to abide by the rules are answerable to House authorities. Under this new system, not only has enforcement of the regulations become easier and more efficient, but offenders have decreased in number, giving considerable advantages over the old system of only two students on night patrol for the whole House.

To keep the regulations before students at all times dimout notices familiar to all bulletin board readers from the office of Aldrich Durant, have been pasted in each room.