ROBESON, GUEST OF HDC, TELLS OF OTHELLO INTERPRETATION

Something new has been added to the production of "Othello," which is being presented at the Cambridge Summer Theatre by Paul Robeson, who arrived at a new method of interpreting Othello's famed epilectic fit through the study of actual medical cases, it was disclosed at a Dramatic Club-Signet Society party yesterday.

Robeson, who states that his production of this play is still far from prefect, and who is experimenting to work out new ideas all the time, was entertained as guest of honor, with Margaret, Webster, Jose Ferrer, Uta Hagen, and other members of the cast of "Othello" at a cocktail party given jointly by the Harvard Dramatic Club and the Signet Society.

"Cambridge was chosen as the place for producing the play because a good audience was certain," stated Robeson. The production was much more successful here than it was when he produced it in England 12 years ago, he said. His dissatisfaction with the English production made him desire to try the play before an American audience.

The cocktail party was given by the Dramatic Club and the Signet Society in order that the members of the cast of Dracula, which the Dramatic Club is producing on August 20, 21, and 22, might meet the cast of "Othello."

At the party Robeson expressed his appreciation of the work done by the members of the cast. He mentioned Miss Webster, the director, who is well known on the stage for her work on Maurice Evans' Hamiet, and Ferrer, who, he said, did a very good job in the part of Iago, as being particularly helpful.