Navy Sends Second Class

Army Chaplains to Arrive Next Monday

As the first term ended for the Naval Training School students Friday, 125 new officers-to-be moved in, and the men already selected for the five-month radio communication course began their work.

Just one week from today, the vanguard of the Army chaplains will move into Conant and Perkins Halls to begin the 450-chaplains per month goal of the new Harvard military unit. Though these military ministers-to-be will live together, four in a room sleeping in double-decker beds, and will in all probability eat together, provisions have been made for the Catholics and Protestants to hold their services of worship apart.

Mass in Germanic Museum

At present the apse of the Germanic Museum on Kirkland Street is being considered for the Catholics, while the Memorial Chapel will probably be used by the Protestants. In wet weather Memorial Hall will be utilized as a drill hall for the entire unit.

Because of the extra number of men using the Divinity School library, several Civil Service employees will be selected by Harvard, and paid by the government. Classes will be held mainly in the Semitic and Germanic Museums.

According to the Scuttlebutt, the "S-Os" (student-officers) who have been separated from the Radio Communications Course will continue to live in the same halls with the new men, and the students who have been here since the first of July.

Several former students have been added to the Faculty for the new students. The platoons and companies will be reorganized during colors this morning.

The chaplains will go through a rigorous physical education program, opening with reveille at six o'clock, calisthenics, and drills. There are still three alternatives for mess facilities--either the groups will eat in the basement of Andover Hall, in the cooperative dining hall, or in a temporary mess hall, or (and most likely), in the Square.