CHANGES IN HOUSE ATHLETICS TO BE INSTITUTED NEXT TERM

Crew Races, Relay Carnival, Inter-House Tennis Slated

By Melvin J. Kessel

The Summer House sports program for the first semester ended last Friday to give participants a week to study for exams. But all of the organized leagues will resume play next Monday and continue until the end of the summer session except volleyball and Freshman touch football leagues, respectively, sometime next week.

Three other inter-House athletic competitions and maybe a fourth will be added to the program for the second session. Tennis tournaments to decide upon standings of House tennis teams are being completed in each House and a regular schedule of matches will start on about August 13.

Crews to Race

On August 24 the upperclass and Freshman crew men who have been working out daily down at Newell Boat House during the first semester, will get three weeks of racing to continue until the week of final exams.

Adolph Samborski '26, director of House Athletics, also plans on inter-House relay carnival with six events to be held on August 19. One contest that Samborski has under consideration is an inter-House contest over the obstacles down at Soldiers Field in which the times of the first 15 or 20 men from each House who happened to exercising on a certain day would be averaged and compared.