WAR CHANGES LECTURERS IN FALL COURSES

Miller, Morison in Service; Many Subjects Are Dropped

Most unexpected of the shifts in teaching staffs announced in the new fall catalogue of courses, was the disappearance of Perry G. E. Miller, associate professor of History and Literature, from the staff of English 7, History of American Literature. He entered the Army Intelligence Service for secret work and his place will be taken by Kenneth B. Murdock '16, Francis Lee Higginson Professor of English Literature.

History 60a, 60b, and 61b will be omitted due to the absence of Samuel E. Morison '08, professor of History, who, with the rank of Lieutenant Commander, has been made official Navy historian. Arthur N. Holcombe '06, professor of Government, will no longer give lectures in Government 1, according to the catalogue.

Demise of Celtic

Largest mass disappearance of courses from last spring's catalogue was the dropping of Celtic 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, and 20, formerly given by Kenneth H. Jackson, associate professor of Celtic. Slavic 10M, intensive Russian, will not be given this fall, although Chinese and Japanese will be continued as usual.