Leverett Defeats Winthrop 3 to 1

Axon, Aldrich Lead Bunny Softball Team to Victory

Leverett banged out a 3 to 1 win in softball over Winthrop yesterday in a regular inter-House league contest. The pitching of Tom Axon and Al Aldrich's hitting, including a single, double, and home run, were the deciding factors in the Bunny victory.

Kirkland scored a double triumph over Lowell in the recently started touch football leagues as the upperclassmen won, 3 touchdowns to 2, and the Freshmen did even better with a four touchdown margin, winning 6 to 2. Jack Dixon, throwing passes for the Deacon upperclassmen, rang up a .500 pitching averages age as two of his passes connected for Kirkland touchdowns, while two were intercepted and gave Lowell its scoring opportunities.

Lowell Still Leads in Softball

By virtue of a 6 to 3 win over Dunster Wednesday, the Bellboys kept at the head of the pack in the softball league, where they are pretty far ahead of the nearest competitors, Dunsters, Eliot, and Kirkland. Eliot scored a decisive 14 to 4 win over Kirkland on Wednesday, too.

In Wednesday's other contests, Leverett and Adams upperclassmen won in football, as did the Eliot Freshmen and the Adams Freshmen. Eliot and Leverett also triumphed in close tennis matches with Lowell and Dunster.

The final standings in the volleyball and '46 softball leagues, which have been replaced by touch football, are as follows: VOLLEYBALL   Won  Lost Kirkland  7  1 Dunster  6  2 Leverett  5  2 Adams  4  3 Lowell  4  3 Winthrop  2  5 Eliot  1  6 Dudley  0  7 '46 SOFTBALL Winthrop  6  0 Kirkland  4  2 Leverett  4  2 Lowell  3  3 Adams  2  4 Dunster  1  5 Eliot  1  5