Puckmen Battle Hampshire Wildcats in Today's Meet

Warm-up Game for Coming Indian Bout

By Irvin M. Horowitz

Before the big bad Dartmouth Indians make an appearance at the Boston Skating Club on Thursday night, the Crimson hockey team would like a little preparation. This polishing job should take place this afternoon, when the puckmen seek their seventh consecutive triumph against New Hampshire at the Skating Club. Face-off time is 2 o'clock.

As is usual when foreign, small colleges invade local arenas, little is known about the prowess of the Wildcats, but no horrendous tales have come out of the north woods in regard to New Hampshire's ice ability, so it is a fairly safe assumption that Coach John Chase's cohorts will notch victory number seven.

No Lineup Change

With things going this well, Coach Chase has no reason to make any lineup changes. Despite the fact that the second line, sparked by a certain Dick Harding, has surpassed the starting trio in the matter of goals scored, the first line of Caleb Loring, Marc Beebe, and Billy Harding will open the embroglio.

Defensively, where the rinksters really shine, Captain Johnny Paine and Dick Mechem have their posts sewed up as tightly as a new priority girdle. Goodie Harding, a demon in the cage, will don the pads this afternoon.

The astounding second line features Harding of the many goals, Johnny Burton and Al Everts. Defensive reserves are Bill Apthrop and Earl Acker, while Jim Summers or Steve O'Neill may spend some time at goal.