Adams, Leverett Win Cage Battles

Bunnies Defeat Winthrop; Eliot Falls to Gold Coasters

Two of the House basketball league's three undefeated squads continued their winning ways yesterday as unbeaten Leverett took the strong Winthrop quintet, 29 to 18, and the Adams men won 33 to 27 over Eliot on the Indoor Athletic Building courts.

While Lowell's '42 champions rested the Goldcoasters and the Bunnies took one big step further towards this year's crown in the first games since the week before the Christmas vacation. The effects of this long layoff were apparent, especially in the Adams-Eliot tilt.

In spite of this vacation rustiness the Adams victory was well-fought and well earned. The mainstay of the team was the accurate shooting of Bill Wilcox, highscorer with 14 points.

Leverett's strong well-substituted squad overpowered the Puritans, who had only a handful of substitutes for the contest. Led by high-scorers Norm Cameron, Jay Hurley, and Danny Garelick the Bunnies showed the effects of their practice earlier in the week, especially in the second half.

Playing themselves out in the first half of the contest, the Puritans were unable to break through the zone defense which the Bunnies employed so effectively in the latter part of the tilt.