CROSS-COUNTRY TEAM MEETS MIT AS 3 SOCCER SQUADS PLAY

Booters Oppose Worcester Andover, Governor Dummer

The Crimson A soccer team, recovering from injuries to its star forward, Bob Woodside, and fullback, Bob Feinberg, suffered a new blow last week in the loss of Julio Ortega, right fullback, who broke a bone in his foot and will be unable to play for at least three more weeks.

Harvard's minor sports schedule gets under way in earnest tomorrow, when three soccer games and a cross-country meet occupy the men of Coaches Jack MacDonald, Polly Guyda, and Jaako Mikkola. The first soccer squad will travel to Worcester Polytech, the second team to Andover, and the third to Soldiers Field for a tussle with Governor Dummer Academy, while the trackmen will run the 3.7 mile handicap course against M. I. T.

Fifteen men will make the trip to Worcester tomorrow with Coach Jack MacDonald and Manager Howard K. Ente, while 16 more will go to Andover with Polly Guyda. The remainder of the squad will stay at Harvard and boot the ball around with the Governor Dummer Academy team.

M. I. T. will send its best cross-country runners to Harvard tomorrow to do battle with Jaako Mikkola's Navy runners. The event will be held on the 3.7 mile handicap course, and the squad will gather at the Dillon Field House before the races.

The M. I. T. meet will act as practice for the Dartmouth meet, which follows October 9. Don Burnham prominent miler will lead the Green cross-country men.