NAVAL TRAINING SCHOOL (SUPPLY CORPS)

Junior

By A. E. Carpenter jr.

Weather has always been a point of concern with Supply School students as a good, solid rain in the early hours of the morning means almost a sure excuse from calisthenics. It seems that only rain will turn the trick for the last few morning have been cold, but we were up and out. An analyst of our situation might suggest that the calisthenics should warm us up, but we aren't is naive as all that.

In an attempt to keep warm many of us have purchased a pair of those funnel snuggles, and since they are only made in three sizes some of the boys find themselves looking like the Rockettes in their winter undies.

The big item of news for this week will be the publishing of the class standings based on the results of our first exam last Saturday. To some happy fellows will go the privilege of carefree evenings in the beer parlors of Harvard Square, but speaking for myself and several other of my acquaintance we will only achieve the slight satisfaction of knowing our relative worth in the disbursing world. Of course, we are nonchalant about the whole thing since the worst thing that could happen to us would be an invitation to join the Army as a private. And that's not bad, is it?