SCUTTLEBUTT

Company C

By Ens. STIMSON Bullitt

Strictly unrestricted: All hands agree that Company Charlie's second smoker was a huge success. There were times when it was feared the five flag might have to be hoisted when the lights kept going out, but the trouble was quickly stopped.

There was an abundance of talent as well as food and drink, and the program, carried along smoothly by the able efforts of master of ceremonies Skelton, was brought to a rousing strip-tease climax. Lieutenant Pradley's spirited rendition of the bare-it-all ballet was undoubtedly the hit of the evening.

The company was glad to hear of the recovery of Ensign Gibson's wife and to welcome Mr. Gibson back into the fold.

Section A leader Butler, the man who puts a lilt into his cadence, proved himself the master of a situation the other afternoon. The section had been considerably handicapped by another group in marching from the Yard to Langdell and as the rival columns approached the entrance to Langdell, Mr. Butler's command to Section A was "column left, charge!" Section A's marching, incidentally, improved considerably with the help of Butler's rhythmic chant.

Considerable credit must go to those who are spending so much of their time with Company Charlie's yearbook. As this goes to press, we have been unable to learn the title for it; but judging by the various hints, it will be good. There'll be more details later.