CLASSES TO BE HELD ON JANUARY FIRST

Chirstmas Vacation Will Be Seven Days

New Year's Day will not be observed as a holiday after the Christmas recess this year and all classes will be held as usual that day, it was official announced by Dean Hanford yesterday. The Christmas vacation will be from Wednesday, December 22, to Tuesday, December 28, inclusive.

Attention was also called to the fact that every civilian undergraduate not on the Dean's List is required under the conditions explained below to attend his last college exercise before and his first college exercise after the Christmas recess.

According to a recent vote of the Faculty, a student in good standing, whether in Freshman or upper-class standing, who fails to attend his last class before or his first college exercise after the Christmas recess will not necessarily be placed on probation at that time provided his record is and remains satisfactory. All absences before and after the holidays will, however, be especially carefully scrutinized by the Dean's Office, and if there is evidence of abuse, appropriate disciplinary action will be taken.

Upperclass Pro Must Register

The Administrative Board has voted that all upperclassmen on probation shall be required to register at the Dean's Office on the day their last class meeting before the Christmas recess and on the first day after the recess. Such students are also required to attend their last and first classes before and after the Christmas recess. A special letter will be sent to each man on probation regarding this requirement.

Because of the fact that the Christmas recess is only one week in length, civilian students not on the Dean's List who live west of the Rocky Mountains may be granted travel time by permission of the Dean's Office. The granting of travel time does not involve excusing a man from any work required of him in classes, and such absences as are authorized will be taken at a student's own risk so far as his academic standing is concerned.

Men not on the Dean's List whose homes are east of the Rocky Mountains will be given to extra travel time at Christmas.