PERKINS NOW IS HEAD OF V-12

Appointed on a short term basis in keeping with the new policy of frequent rotation, Paul F. Perkins, Jr. '45 NROTC, today assumes the duties of Regimental Commander to the Navy V-12 Unit. Named to assist him as Sub-Commander and Adjutant are John Shillito, Jr. and Herbert S. Allen, both Naval ROTC seniors.

More Training for Upperclassmen

Purpose of the change in organization, which will terminate on January 7, is to give drill training in various capacities to more of the upperclassmen who will be commissioned in February. With the addition of this group, the total number of Ensigns to leave the Unit within one year will be well over 100.

Theodore Chadwick, Jr., assisted by Gilbert King and A. C. Petite, will command the 1st Battalion quartered in Eliot House, while the mixed NROTC pre-med contingents of the 2nd Battalion are headed by Batt. Commdr. Dean M. Hennesey, Sub-Commdr. Bruce A. Cameron, and Adjutant L. E. Smart.

Assignments Increased

Company and platoon posts increase the total number of assignments to 45, thereby employing almost all of the top class at the same time. Rotation of positions among these men will be frequent, according to the announcement made Tuesday by Lt. Comdr. Harvey N. Marshall, USN (Ret.), Drill Officer of the Naval Science staff.