V-12, CIVILIANS START HOLIDAY

Faculty Recess Sends 2000 Students Home for 7 Days

Harvard's Faculty will begin a seven day recess this afternoon that will enable about 2000 civilians, V-12ers and second and third year ROTC men to get home for a short vacation this Christmas season. The recess will close when classes are resumed again next Wednesday.

A similar recess will be held for all departments in the University except in the Graduate School of Education and in the Medical School in the lower classes. The Medical School will begin classes on January 3.

The real impact of training men in the shortest time will be felt by the speicalized training schools located here. The ASTP and ASTR, which have just completed an end-of-term vacation, will only get Christmas Day off. The NTS (Communications) will also get the day off. At the Naval Supply Corps School the officers will be given the weekend.

The NTS (Radar) will not even get Christmas Day, because the officers will take exams that morning. Since no chaplains have come to fill up the vacancies left by the graduation of the last class, there is no need for a recess at the school.

Phillips Brooks House will sponsor its usual Yule time parties for those boys who live too far away to get home. Dunster will be the only House that will keep its dining hall open.