Crimson Opens Beer Closet Tuesday, Begins Streamlined Competitions for All Students

News Men Ready to Run University Hall

When former editors turn over in their graves and hiss, "But you can't run a competition like that!", there's nothing to do but tell them it's got to be. Death of a legend or not, the CRIMSON is running a competition and it's not designed to bring on nervous breakdowns, probation, or draft exemption. An interested man can make the CRIMSON after a short, brisk competition designed to teach him and take him quickly.

Bogey-man in chief used to be the News Board in general and the Managing Editor in particular. Candidates told gruesome tales of all-day slavery and all-night vigils, telling at type-writers, inking rollers, carrying presses and liontype machines but that's all over. You'll come out tomorrow night drink your beer, and start out fast with careful guidance making the most of every precious minute.

For Why?

There's no need to recite the manifold glories of the News Board. Skeptics not withstanding, the reporter's life is remarkably close to its movie representation. It's exciting, and makes Harvard just about twice as vital and interesting as otherwise. You know the workings of the College, know the deans, understand official moves, and are in on FDR's Africa trips before the rest of the world.

First: beer Second; easy, swift competition. Third: the best work in College. Line forms at 14 Plympton Street