YALE TO GIVE UP 3 SPORTS

Track, Tennis, Golf Will Be Abolished, Others Curtailed

Abandoning three spring sports and cutting down on all other winter and spring athletic schedules, Yale announced Monday its plans for retrenchment along the lines of the Three Presidents' Agreement announced last week.

Track, tennis, and golf have been cut out completely, as in the case of crew. And the Elis' swimming champions will not participate in the Eastern Intercollegiates--scheduled for the Indoor Athletic Building pool next month, or in the NCAA meet in Columbus, Ohio. The less famous wrestling and fencing squads will also miss the intercollegiate championships in Philadelphia and New York respectively.

The executive committee of the Athletic Associations board of control stated that Yale teams would play only those games to which they can travel and return in the same day. This ruling applies to all events still to be played, both winter and spring sports.

All schedules are now being checked by the committee for conformation to this yardstick, and after conferences with the opposing colleges, the revised schedules should be released by the end of the week.