Air Corps to Be Called Up

Most Reservists Will Depart by April 12

A second installment of Air Corps reservists not yet called are expected to receive their orders by March 30, according to a statement issued yesterday by Elliott Perkins '23, director of the War Service Information Bureau. A third and final call is expected to drain the College of all its Air Corps men by April 10.

Whether or not ground crew reservists will be included in these recent orders depends wholly upon the number of training schools which will be open. The opening of new service schools paved the way for the calling up of the first contingent during the second week in February.

Only Pilots Called

It was expected then that this first call would be all-inclusive, and that by the end of that month, all the Air Corps men would be in uniform. Only men designated for pilot training were included in the first call, since training facilities for ground crew men were, at that time, unavailable. In the more recent orders, however, ground crew men may receive their notification.

According to the First Service Command, the greatest bottleneck in calling up the Air Corps reservists is inadequate training facilities. So far, this obstruction seems to be hitting the ground crews harder than the men who are going to fly. Men will be called according to how quickly this difficulty can be ironed out.