Eliot Will Hold Traditional Dinner

Price, Nelson, Merriman Head Roster of Speakers

Presiding over the annual dinner of Eliot House tonight in commemoration of the one hundred and ninth anniversary of the birth of President Eliot, will be master of the House, John H. Finley, Jr. '25. The Reverend Samuel Eliot '84 will ask the blessing.

Chief speaker for the evening will be Lucien Price, editor of the Boston Globe and heart and soul of the editorial page of that paper. This is in accordance with the custom in past years which has brought such famed men to the speakers' table as Raymond Gram Swing, recent recipient of an honorary degree from Harvard.

Together with Price will be William Allan Neilson '98, former president of Smith College, and a colleague of George Lyman Kittredge '82, and Bliss Perry in the great days of the English department. Returning to the House which he left with such pomp and ceremony last year will be Roger B. Merriman '96, Gurney Professor of History and Political Science, John P. Kennedy, Jr. '44, chairman of the House Committee will speak in behalf of the undergraduate. All House Alumni are especially invited to take part in the dinner.