ARMY COLLEGE PROGRAMS SET

Objective Tests, Screening Board to Test Candidates

Uniform standards an procedures to govern the selection of enlisted men for participation in the Army Specialized Program was announced yesterday by the War Department. Men between 18 and 22 who have passed their basic training will be given a special standardized objective test for college aptitude, and a selection board will give its attention to any man who has a minimum score of 110.

The Army is especially interested in men qualified for advanced course in electrical, chemical, civil, and mechanical engineering. Enlisted men assigned to the program will receive Army pay, and be ranked as privates.

Eight Schools

The Army Basic Training, Navy Basic Training and three advanced Army courses swell to a total of eight the number of schools which may be assigned to Harvard. Already announced have been engineers, Quartermaster Corps, and Navigation.

Other Ivy League colleges also received their allotment of schools. Dartmouth will have a basic Navy course. Yale will receive an inspection for a basic Army course and a pre-medical course, while Princeton will be inspected for basic Army, Area and Language, and premedical courses.