CRIMSON CAGERS LOSE TO CORNELL 63-43 AT ITHACA; JAYVEES TRIUMPH

Stahl Five Defeats Coast Guard, 44-32

Answering a challenge for a return game with a hail of baskets, the revitalized Junior Varsity basketball team defeated the Cohasset Coast Guard five 44 to 32 at the Indoor Athletic Building yesterday afternoon.

The Jayvees, who have now wen 10 of their last 11 games, including a triumph over highly rated Dean Academy, led from the start, and were ahead 24 to 14 at the end of the first half. Mike DeLeo, slick floorman, paced the team with 15 points, while forward Brewster Wolfe had 12. Coach Floyd Stahl used 12 players.

Visitors Sought Revenge

The teams had met before, in a preliminary to the Varsity's contest with Columbia en February 20, and the Crimson oked out a 39 to 38 victory on that occasion. The Coast Guard promptly asked for a return game, so yesterday's contest was arranged.

Stahl's charges will face Bridgewater State Teachers College on Saturday afternoon, and a week from that date they entertain the Yale Junior Varsity in an afternoon fracas at the Indoor Athletic Building.

With any luck, they should be able to come out with a very favorable record by the end of the season.