Matmen Look for Win Over Yale Tomorrow

Wrestlers Will Close Season in New Haven

Ten barren years of losses to Yale may come to a sudden halt tomorrow when Coach Jay Schaffron's Varsity matmen tangle with the Blue at New Haven. Jimmy Cox's Jayvees will also climax the season in a meet following the Varsity encounter.

The manpower shortage has resulted in a slightly below average season thus far for the Elis, who have been decisively smeared by several teams including Penn. But past records as usual may go by the boards with the opening handshake in tomorrow's battle.

Parsons Asks for More

Crimson hopes rest heavily on the success of Walt Parsons in the 155-pound bracket, Ted Guild at 128, Pete Fuller at 165, and Stan Durwood in the unlimited field. Parsons will not only be gunning for his seventh straight Varsity victory but his 26th in college and school competition.

Guild, a former Exeter star, has been undefeated in the 128-pound class, while Fuller has dropped only one match out of six this season. Durwood, who is replacing ex-Captain Lee Sosman, will be trying to break into the win column against Yale's highly touted Bob Pickett.

The other Varsity hopes are Ready at 121, Hart at 136, Smith at 145, and Byrnes at 175. Pete Sax, heavyweight, who has been meet captain since Sosman's departure, will lead the team again tomorrow in the season's climax.

The Yale meet will officially end the season for Coach Schaffron's men although several may go to the Eastern Intercollegiates. The New Englands and Nationals have been called off.