Football Aspirants Gather For Initial Meeting Tonight

Many Veterans Back For Informal Games

Aspiring All-Americans who want to play their football for fun will gather at the Varsity Club at 7:30 o'clock tonight for a meeting which will open the informal spring season.

Since intercollegiate football, as Harvard has known it in the past, is no longer a possibility, this spring's sessions, under the joint tutelage of Henry Lamar, Earl Brown, and Floyd Stahl, will see intra-squad games, or perhaps a round robin league, if the turnouts warrant such action.

Operating on such an informal basis, the coaches in charge hope that men will turn out regardless of previous experience, to obtain credit for a more interesting from of physical conditioning.

O'Donnell in Marines

Absent from the Crimson ranks will be a number of ex-gridders now in service. Foremost of these is captain-elect Cleo O'Donnell, who entered active duty in the Marines yesterday morning. Other moleskinners now in uniform include Jack Fisher, Charley Gudaitis, Pete Garland, Jack Comeford, Lee Flynn, Dick Anderson, and Len Cummings.

Several veterans will return to spring practice, and they are expected to form the nucleus for the various intra-team games. The entire first string backfield of Bill Wilson, Swede Anderson, Wayne Johnson, and Don Richards is still in College, although Richards is out for baseball. Other gridders on hand include George Hibbard, Paul Perkins, Tom Cowen, and Dana Dudley. Wally Flynn is a diamond candidate, and S'd Smith and Willo Fisher are aspirants for Jaakko Mikkola's track team, so they will probably by unavailable.