P.B.H. Nominates Four for Offices

Expansion of Contact Work Assists College Servicemen

Phillips Brooks House last night announced candidates for President and Vice-President for the summer semester. As in the past, all active members of Brooks House Committee will vote by mail, the candidate receiving the most votes becoming President, and the runner-up Vice-President.

Those nominated were John W. Ellison '44, Dana Fernald '46, Peter F. Kranz '45, and Lyman C. Wind '45. At present, Ellison heads the War Service Committee, Fernald is co-chairman of the Contact Committee, Kranz is Personnel Chairman, and wind leads the Social Service Committee. The new and old officers will select the summer Cabinet.

Simultaneously, Richard A. Waite, Graduate Secretary of PBH, revealed an expansion of "Contact" activities. Lists of the alma matters of all service men here are now being complied, and will he distributed to those concerned, so that they can get in touch with former school-mates.

Reports from the field indicate that Harvard men in the services are already being entertained by Harvard Hosts procured through "Contact." Files listing Harvard men in the service, containing names sent in by the men themselves or their friends, have doubled with the last few weeks, coming in at the rate of ten dally.