Chaplains, NSCS Receive Diplomas

Supply Corps WAVES Go Into Disbursing

Led by the first group of WAVES over to be graduated from a Supply Corps school in the country, over 400 persons in the Armed Services receive their diplomas today from the Navy Supply Corps School in the graduation ceremonies which take place in the Potter Auditorium at 11 o'clock. Speaking at the graduation will be Captain Kenneth C. McIntosh, SCUSN, retired, and Captain. J. D. Boyle, SCUSN, supply officer of the staff of Assistant Dean A. Smith, who is of the Harvard Graduate Business School.

The ceremonies begin at 10:45 when the WAVES, regulars, and specialists will file into the auditorium. The speakers soon will follow and then the diplomas from the Navy Supply Corps will be given out. After the "G" and "S" commissions are distributed the group will detach and file out.

All WAVES that age graduated will become assistants to Disbursing Officers within this country, since the women sailors are not allowed to travel across seas. This follows their training for work in disbursing in the past months.

Regulars, who are to receive their "G" commissions do so after their temporary and probational commissions of their training days have been replaced. These regulars took the normal course towards graduation which included disbursing and supply training.

All those who graduate from Potter Auditorium today will receive about a week's leave, after which time they will all be called to active duty. The regulars and the specialists will be shipped all over the world, the WAVES remaining in this country.

As the WAVES leave for active duty, another group will arrive at the Navy Supply Corps School for training Large as the present group is it anticipated that the incumbent WAVES will be approximately twice the number of those that have just graduated.