UNION SHIFTS TO CAFETERIA

Labor Shortage Cause of Navy Readjustment Today

One of the biggest luxuries enjoyed by the NTS men, that of eating in comfort, in gone with the labor shortage, as of Wednesday.

All of the present help, no longer sufficient for the system used up to now, will be retained. This means that student waiters and waitresses will be changed to bus boys and bus girls and do the work of carrying in dirty dishes and trays and doing all around work in the way of cleaning up the dining hall.

Two Lines

The men will enter the building through two doors, the main entrance by the Varsity Club, and the Quincy Street entrance through the HAA office. The men, entering by platoons spaced one minute apart, should gather their breakfasts in 45 seconds, and will then he allowed to sit anywhere in the dining ball.

Before the Navy took over the Yard. the Union was for the Freshman Class, as a social center as well as a place for taking meals. Actually, it was the focal point of all Freshman activities, having two libraries, a billiard room, and a large common room.

Last year's Freshman Jubilee was held at the Union, as well as many former Jubilees and Smokers. Last summer, when the NTS was established at Harvard, the trainees moved into the Yard and took their meals in the Union dining hall. The Navy Wives Club new holds its meetings upstairs in that building.