Cleary Says New Schedule Will Bring More Efficiency

THE ARMY CHAPLAIN SCHOOL

When the new spring schedule went into effect yesterday, Chaplain Colonel William D. Cleary, Commandant, described the change as far reaching, and undertaken "in the interest of greater efficiency in instruction and training at the School."

Under the new regime, instituted at the beginning of the first, spring term of the school, the men will receive all their academic instruction in the morning, leaving the afternoon clear for drill calisthenics, road marches, and field work in map reading and similar courses. Instruction for the morning hours will be concentrated in Semitic Museum and Sanders Theatre.

Still Calisthenics

No change has been made, however, in the early morning routine which still includes first call, assembly, and reveille at 5:30, 5:55, and 6:00 respectively, as in the past. Chapel devotions have been moved up half an hour in order to accommodate the shift in academic hours.

Before the shiftover, the daily schedule consisted of a 5:30 calisthenics drill, followed by breakfast and chapel at 8:00, with classes beginning at 8:20. After lunch, classes again began at 1:00 with 5:30 ending this type of instruction. The latter part of the day, beginning at 5:30 will be continued as usual, with lights still going out at 11:30.