THE NAVY SUPPLY CORPS SCHOOL

JUNIORS

By J. D. Wilson

The past week was a fairly hectic one for the Juniors, what with the weather and everything--the everything including swimming tests, the first "pop" quiz in disbursing, the fire in Cowie Hall, and that long march over to the Harvard Union on that beautiful summer morning.

Headlins of the week go to the dance on Saturday afternoon. Many officers let the weather or definitely second-rate interests keep them away. But for the many who came--and many did come--the afternoon was both interesting and profitable.

Heat Forgotten

We didn't seem to mind the heat when we were dancing and everyone will agree that the WAVES were well above expectations. Most everyone managed to meet someone and many dates have already resulted. Those officers who previously didn't know a girl in Boston now know one or two or three and through them they hope to meet many more. This first weekend was only the beginning of what we hope will be many more enjoyable week ends at the Supply School.

Our fellow officers surely have nice eyes when it comes to the women. On two different occasions we spotted something delectable arriving and started moving forward to find ourselves intercepted by half a dozen officers who were determined to get there first. It is hard to believe that any of us are shy--and at our age, too!--but Lt. Comdr. Hesser had to do an awful job of urging to keep things moving at the beginning.

We don't feel that the student officers who brought their wives should have felt so possessive about them. After one of the circle affairs we were just getting started discussing mutual acquaintances from California (of all places) when friend hubby tapped us on the shoulder. "Do you mind" he said, "it's my wife." Well what can you say in a situation like that.

One of the Faculty officers found himself cut in on by a student--naturally no one from his class. But all the students in the instructor's class were very careful to keep away from the officer who cut in lest they be linked, even indirectly, with the deed.

Our thanks are due to the Seniors who decorated the auditorium and to Mrs. Small Incidentally. Mrs. Small wants to thank all the student officers for their cooperation in arriving early and keeping the party moving at all times.