HOOTON ASKS BETTER MAN

Advocates Reproduction Control in New Article

Blood pressures soared in the offices of the Woman's Home Companion last week as "Morons Into What?", the latest proposal by Earnest A. Hooton, professor of Anthropology, went on the Companion presses. In his article Professor Hooton advocates regulation of the American breeding stock and sterilization of all men and women unfit to produce good citizens.

Professor Hooton, author of "Men, Apes, and Morons" and "Why Men Be have Like Apes and Vice Versa," proposes that the government create a Department of Population, to contain bureaus of Adult Rehabilitation, Marriage and Genetics, Growth and Nutrition, and Education and Vocational Guidance.

Must Improve Marriage

Professor Hooton argues that "our supreme social need is the scientific improvement of marriage and reproduction." Claiming that the solution is "medical and genetic supervision of marriages bound to produce inferior offspring, subsidization of parents proved capable of breeding superior offspring, and sterilization of the insane, feeble-minded, and habitually anti-social," he says that "the only large group that is at all qualified to undertake this gigantic task is the medical profession."

Last year the noted anthropologist was attacked, following publication of a similar article, by a member of the Massachusetts legislature, who claimed that the ideas embodied in the suggestion were "fascistic." Professor Hooton ends his latest article with an answer to such a claim, stating that "opposition to better breeding comes from those who are determined to retain power over the masses.

These are the veritable pascists."