THE NAVY SUPPLY CORPS SCHOOL

Salt Water Mammies

By So & Do

Educated men are we. Just about this time we are supposedly ready to assume independent duty in either Supply or Disbursing. Have you thought of what this involves?

In effect we must now acquires skirts we are to be mothers. Your broad will consist of numerous orphans placed under your wing by Uncle Sam. He ha picked these muscular, tattooed and wordly kids (anywhere from 18-50) from the far corners of the U.S. They have left the fire side, apron strings, and all feminine sublimity; you are to be their new mother. What sort of a mother will you be? How will you provide?

Feedin' First

The young 'uns must first be fed. and we can't run to the nearest grocery store just before we put the skittle on. It is necessary to prepare a requisition so we get our our specimens, grab a pencil, put the pencil behind our car, and watch the storekeeper make it out.

Now that the food is ordered we have only six more steps to take. Take them, sit down again, and stop worrying. Our can always buy something to eat in Ship's Service.

Then Clothes

It just seems that a mother can't sit still for a minute, and we are no exception to the rule. Why, the boys must be clothed. Surely they are not running around nudo; after all, they had some thing on when they came from hours Pop. it seems, wants them all dressed alike.

He got the orders from Uncle Sam, and after all, Uncle Sam is the rich uncle who is paying the bills.